Thursday, October 13, 2011

Creative Sandwiches


I think that most families with young children eat a lot of sandwiches.  In my house I try to give a variety of sandwiches but it usually ends up getting thrown (my 18 month old) or sits un-eaten unless it is a cheese or peanut butter sandwich.  So I was trying to get creative and make some fun shaped sandwiches to see if that helped…and it did for a bit…but now my kids just want fun shaped cheese and peanut butter sandwiches.

I am fine with that but what comes with making these cute shapes is a whole lot of this…

And I am getting tired of eating that!  LOL   I do have one sandwich cutter that cuts off the crust (which is a necessity in my house) and makes 2 cute dinosaurs but those are expensive.  Guess I will have to keep my eye out for a sale and/or a coupon and get some more.
Any other idea’s out there for eating other sandwiches?  So far tuna, ham and grilled cheese with avocado are a bust.  But grilled cheese, grilled peanut butter with banana’s, peanut butter & jam roll ups and sandwiches area all a hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment